Finding Adoptive Parents
Important Services When I Need Someone to Adopt My Baby
One of the most important aspects of the adoption process is choosing an adoption professional. The number of adoption agencies out there can be overwhelming, but knowing what separates a good agency from a great one will help you with your search.
Your adoption professional will be an invaluable resource throughout your adoption journey. To help narrow down your search when you’re thinking “I need someone to adopt my baby,” we’ve compiled five FAQs on finding the right adoption agency.
You can contact us at any time if you have questions about finding the right adoption agency. We’d love to help you start your adoption journey.
5 FAQs on Finding the Best Adoption Agency
1. What Types of Adoption Agencies Are There?
When you’re thinking, “I need someone to adopt my baby,” there are several types of adoption agencies to consider. Some adoption agencies, like national adoption agencies, provide a full range of services to prospective birth parents across the country. These agencies are considered the best because of their national reach, meaning you’ll have more adoptive families to choose from.
On the other hand, local adoption agencies provide only some of the services a national agency can. Although working with a local adoption agency can be convenient, some don’t offer as many services as a national adoption agency does.
Below are some reputable national adoption agencies you can contact:
2. What Kinds of Services Should I Look for?
As you’re choosing an adoption professional, make sure to ask them about the services they offer. Some of the best agencies provide:
- Counseling and support: The best adoption agencies will offer free, 24/7 support to help you process complex emotions.
- Help finding the perfect family: Many hopeful families would love to welcome your baby into their home, but how do you know which ones are best for your child? This is where your adoption agency will step in and help you find the perfect family for your baby.
- Adoption and hospital planning: Every part of the adoption process starts with you. When you’re thinking, “I need someone to adopt my baby,” you’ll get to create the perfect adoption and hospital plans that act as personalized playbooks of how you want your adoption experience to go.
- Financial assistance: An unplanned pregnancy can be an unnecessary financial stressor. That’s why your adoption agency will ensure you receive the maximum amount of financial assistance possible. This can help you with your living and medical expenses. As the prospective birth parent, all pregnancy- and adoption-related services are free.
- Adoptive family screening: The best adoption agencies will have a thorough screening process for families so that you know your child will be in good hands. They will make sure that the family you choose is safe, stable and ready to adopt.
3. How Much Does It Cost to Work with an Agency?
One thing to remember is that adoption will always be free for you as the prospective birth parent. When you’re thinking, “I need someone to adopt my baby,” you’ll never have to pay for the services and support from an adoption agency. In fact, your adoption agency will help you with living expenses throughout your pregnancy.
Living expenses can cover:
- Maternity clothing
4. How Do I Know an Adoption Agency Is Safe to Work with?
Some of the only agencies that are regularly reviewed and licensed are national adoption agencies. These agencies work with prospective birth parents and adoptive families across all 50 states. This means they complete adoptions nationwide and get reviewed by each state’s government multiple times per year.
Because these regulations vary by state, a national adoption agency is held to more restrictions and guidelines, creating an added layer of safety for their clients. By choosing a licensed adoption agency, you’re using the safest, most regulated type of adoption professional.
5. How Will an Agency Continue to Support Me after Placement?
The best adoption agencies will continue to support you even after your adoption has been completed. Your adoption professional will have plenty of experience helping you cope with any complicated emotions, such as doubt, grief or loss. When you’re thinking “I need someone to adopt my baby,” they will be there to provide any information about those feelings.
To learn more about what to look for in an adoption agency, contact us now to speak with an experienced adoption professional.
Ready to get started? Contact an adoption agency now to get free information.