Your Guide to Adoption Agencies in Tennessee
Your Guide to Adoption Agencies in Nashville
Nashville is one of the hottest cities in the country. It’s attracting thousands of young, creative people each year with a booming population, unprecedented development and diverse cultures across different parts of town. Among those flocking to the city are many people who will end up considering adoption. If you’re here, you’re likely among the group. You could be one of the thousands of new young couples in Nashville who dream of starting a family. Or, you could be a woman experiencing an unplanned pregnancy, looking for the best option moving forward. Either way, you could use the help of one of the adoption agencies in Nashville. If you’re curious about adoption, understanding agencies is the place to start. This guide is going to help you out. We’ll talk about what agencies are and what they do, the types of agencies you can choose from and the agencies around Nashville that you can work with.
What Are Adoption Agencies in Nashville?Adoption agencies are the professional organizations that make adoption possible for thousands of people every year. Agencies are comprised of adoption specialists, social workers, administrators and other staff. They are licensed and regulated, which provides a sense of confidence that an agency-assisted adoption is completed legally and ethically. Nashville adoption agencies provide important support to women considering adoption for their babies and hopeful parents who want to adopt. The process can be complicated, and navigating it without the guidance of an agency can feel like facing a white-water rapid all on your own. Some of these important services include:
- Creating an adoption plan
- Making adoptive family profiles
- Completing the home study for adoption
- Finding the perfect adoption opportunity
- Adhering to state laws and federal requirements
- Post-placement support
- And more
Types of Adoption Agencies in NashvilleThere’s more than one type of agency for a couple of reasons. First, because there is more than one type of adoption. Agencies specialize in certain types of adoption, and choosing the type that is right for you is one of the biggest decisions you’ll make in the whole process. Second, because agencies differ in the scope of work and services offered. We’ll cover all of this. The type of Nashville adoption agency you choose is one of the first big decisions in the process. There are three main types to choose from:
- Private adoption agencies in Nashville: Private agencies, also called domestic agencies, work with the domestic infant adoption process. If you are a pregnant woman considering adoption, this is the type of agency you will need to work with. Private agencies usually work with hopeful parents who want to adopt a newborn baby from the U.S.
- Nashville adoption and foster care agencies: Foster care adoption is another way for families to adopt from the U.S. This type of adoption is great for families who value a lower cost associated with the process and are prepared to adopt an older child.
- International adoption agencies in Nashville: International adoption agencies in Nashville work with parents who want to adopt a child from a different country. This process can be especially complex and have a longer average wait time than domestic adoption.