When Can You “Give a Child Up” for Adoption?
I’m 9 Months Pregnant and Don’t Want the Baby
When you’re nine months pregnant and don’t want the baby, it’s not always easy to know what to do. But you have options, and you’re not alone.
There are resources that can help you make the best choice for yourself and your future. With our guidance, you’ll be on the right track toward making a well-informed decision with complete confidence.
Contact an adoption agency today to get more free information now about your unplanned pregnancy options.
I’m 9 Months Pregnant But I Don’t Want the Baby; What Are My Options?
As you’re nearing the end of your unplanned pregnancy, there are three options to consider. Making this decision as soon as you can will help you get the support you need before your due date. Below are your unplanned pregnancy options at nine months pregnant:
- Adoption: At nine months pregnant, adoption is 100% still an option for you. And it will always be free as the prospective birth mother. This gives you the chance to move forward in life while giving your baby the chance to thrive in a stable environment. Whether you have career goals or are simply not ready to parent, adoption can be the best choice for you.
- Parenting: Before you rule out parenting, make sure that you’re certain of this decision. Although parenting can be hard, there are resources such as Women, Infants and Children (WIC) and Medicaid that may be available to you. But you’ll need to determine whether this support will be enough to raise a child. This decision is completely up to you. Only you can determine which option is best for your situation.
- Abortion: In most states, you cannot voluntarily choose an abortion at nine months pregnant unless it’s an emergency. No state allows abortions late in a pregnancy except in extreme scenarios, like if the pregnancy creates a life-threatening situation for your health. If this is the case, talk to a medical professional immediately.
If you’re nine months pregnant and don’t want the baby, then adoption will always be an option for you. And, no matter what, you will always be supported. Through the free services from a licensed agency, you’ll be on the right track toward a successful adoption experience.
Why Should I Choose Adoption at 9 Months Pregnant?
One of the key benefits of choosing adoption at nine months pregnant is that it can provide your child with a stable, loving environment. You may feel like you’re not ready to provide the support and care your child needs, and adoption allows you to give them the chance for a lifetime of opportunities.
When you’re nine months pregnant and don’t want the baby, you’ll be able to maintain contact with your child while giving them a better future. Through open adoption, you can stay connected to your baby at whatever level you’re comfortable with. The beauty of adoption is that you’re in control throughout the entire process.
From choosing an adoptive family to creating your hospital plan, you call all the shots. According to American Adoptions, a licensed national adoption agency, choosing adoption can be a way for you to regain control of your life. By creating an adoption plan, your future is in your hands so that you can build the life you want.
Birth mother Autumn was grateful for the amount of control she had over the adoption process. Knowing that she was able to pick the perfect family for her baby made the experience rewarding.
“I was allowed to choose the terms of the adoption and pick the family and meet them before the baby was born,” Autumn said. “At the hospital, I saw the looks on their faces and the excitement in their eyes and I knew that I wasn’t giving her away, I was giving her a family.”
How to Begin the Adoption Process at 9 Months Pregnant [5 Steps]
The adoption process at nine months pregnant will vary depending on your situation. For instance, it will move quicker than usual. But you can still find an adoptive family and create your adoption plan with the help of a birth parent specialist. The basic steps in the adoption process are:
- Step 1: Contact an adoption agency and connect with a birth parent specialist.
- Step 2: Create an adoption plan and decide how you want your hospital stay to go.
- Step 3: Choose the perfect adoptive family based on your preferences.
- Step 4: Connect with the adoptive family and get to know them better.
- Step 5: Complete the adoption placement and maintain a meaningful connection with your child.
When you’re nine months pregnant and don’t want the baby, adoption will always be an option for you.
Ready to get started? Contact an adoption agency now to get free information.